Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Women of Faith Update

The Women of Faith Conference is quickly coming upon us. This year's theme is Contagious Joy. So many women have talked about coming and signed up for information, but no deposits made. This weeks plan is to find a bus to transport us to the conference in style. This will help solidify the costs. If you've never been to Women of Faith - it's a trip!
There's a few other things I've got in the works for this group. Some are just great suprises, others are things I could use some help on. The more involved I get in planning this trip the more I hear from women that they want access to a womens ministry. I've been absorbing some of the comments about what they are looking for and trying to formulate a plan. I've been praying on if this is something I'm called to do. What it's come down to is that the resources are avalible, the need is there and I can put them together. I also think that there will be a need for other women on the planning / ministry team.
Basic structure at this point: Monthly ministry time where we will have social time and a small message. Currently scheduled for the 3rd Saturday of the month 9am - 10am at Scrapbook Crossing in Cedar Park. They have agreed to donate their space for us. Yeah God! I would like to call the ministry Darash - to seek with care. I was in a Bible study where that word was used and it stuck. I just think that for this ministry one of our main purposes is to seek with care as women growing in our faith. Each spring this ministry will coordinate the Women of Faith trip for all women, and we'll be looking into a smaller scale fall trip that will be more accessible to everyone. Of course with having these two trips there will be a need for scholarships, but that's still a work in progress. In planning this ministry I've been catching Contagious Joy (this years Women of Faitrh theme). It was ironic that being able to share of myself with others has brought me great joy and that matched this years Women of Faith theme. I look forward to seeing you all at the Darash meetings and of course at Women of Faith!

Dates to remember:
Now - sign up with me or at the Women of Faith Booth at GSLC if you're planning to go to Women of Faith 2006.
January 15, 2006 - $53 deposit is due for Women of Faith trip (covers ticket and possibly transportation - will know more soon)
January 21, 2006 - Darash meeting at Scrapbook Crossing

Look forward to spending time with each of you and getting to know you better!

Note - I've created a new blog for information directly related to the ministry. darashwomen@blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. It makes me so happy! I'm not a widely read blog so I always wonder if anyone is reading or if I'm just talking to myself.