Monday, January 18, 2010

Latest Craze

It's less than a month until Valentines Day, but I'm so excited about it! I don't know why I'm excited about it. We don't really celebrate Valentines Day other than a rush job to get the little paper things and some candy for school. This year I'm determined to use my stamps and make some Valentines. Who knows if I'll actually get any sent out.
One of the things I've been up to lately is looking at vintage valentines on line. They are so neat!!! Some of them have sayings that would be shocking these days, others are simply prudish. I just love the images of the little chubby children bashfully passing heart cards. The Victorian images are just amazing! I might have to check out my local thrift stores for a few vintage cards.
In preparation for this great day Dawn and I have scheduled a stamp share day to make cards. Everyone brings their Valentines stamps and we share stamps. This will be so much fun! I can't wait to see what everyone will create. I've also got the kids at school scheduled to make Valentines for the residents at New Hope Manor in Cedar Park. They will get the opportunity to deliver their cards as well. I must design those soon though.
That brings up a great question - who would you give a Valentine to? Why would you give them a Valentine? It's OK to respond to this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. It makes me so happy! I'm not a widely read blog so I always wonder if anyone is reading or if I'm just talking to myself.