Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's a Daisy Life for Me

A earned her Promise Center for her daisy. Very exciting stuff! She only had to say the Girl Scout Promise a million times and tell Z to stop saying the Boy Scout one so much, but she made it. It's hard to make it through the Girl Scout Promise when your brother keeps saying the Boy Scout one over and over and over again.

We're gearing up for the Compassion and Caring for Others petal. This involves a trip to the retirement home to sing Christmas Carols and to pass out cookies. Did some one say cookies?!?!?! Of course we have to learn to make them, so mom calls a community helper. Mrs. Nikki from Angel's Bakery was delighted the kids wanted to learn to make cookies. She took the information about dietary needs and got to thinking. I won't spoil the surprises, but she has some great cookie ideas!

As part of the coordination for 11 kindergarten girls to make cookies I thought it best to set up stations for them to attend as they rotated through. I'm in the process of thinking up 3 service oriented stations that they can do that night as they learn about compassion. Nikki and I thought of a few things, but if you have any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

I am so excited about this project! The girls will have so much fun, and we'll close the evening off with our very own cookie exchange with the cookies we baked that night. I can only imagine the giggles, and the sugar high!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. It makes me so happy! I'm not a widely read blog so I always wonder if anyone is reading or if I'm just talking to myself.