Monday, March 14, 2011

Rodeo Day

You know you live in Texas when the local elementary has Rodeo Day, and all the kids are supposed to dress in their rodeo wear. Funny thing about that... this is our second western wear event in the span of about 2 weeks and we don't own western wear! Last time we just bought a couple cowboy hats from Academy and called it good. We would have done the same thing here, but the school asked for no hats. UGH! What's a mom to do?!?!!
This mom has had an idea in her head for a bandanna skirt and thought she could certainly find out how to whip one up from some on line source. Sure enough! I googled images for bandanna skirts until I found what I was looking for. I found this post on Alphamom.com and copied it almost exactly. It took more time to go to the store and buy 2 bandannas than it did to actually make the skirt!


(Please excuse the paper doll mess in the back ground...)

So you want to see how it looked all pulled together? Because you know I couldn't stop at just a skirt!
From dad's report they had a really fun day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. It makes me so happy! I'm not a widely read blog so I always wonder if anyone is reading or if I'm just talking to myself.