Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I feel like the white rabbit!

Today I'm desperately trying to get several things done for all my little projects that aren't so little.

I've got to finish my portfolio completely since I'm going to my first observation times tomorrow. I may become a teacher yet! I got a 275 / 300 on my Special Education Certification test, but I can't get a certificate until I get hired at a school. Schools don't seem to want to hire without a certificate. I'll keep trying.

I've also got to finish my storyboard for the class I'm teaching at Scrapbook Crossing in February. February's class is about words in your projects. Included in the cost of the class is a book and the project kit. No one's signed up for January's vellum class, but there's still time and I'm still hopeful.

On top of all the work stuff I've got to get done - Women of Faith registration is due this Sunday so I'm talking to a lot of women trying to get their questions answered and them registered. There's a target number of 55 women and there are 7 registered.

Though it looks like little is going my way - I don't feel upset about it. I know that the trip will happen and everyone will get something out of it. I know that some day I'll get hired as a teacher, and some day someone will go out on a limb and sign up for my scrapbook class. The glass feels half full to me today and I like that feeling. I'm a little overwhelmed, but excited about the opportunities before me.

BTW - besides celebrating my test score I'm celebrating making the design team at Scrapbook Crossing. It was a God inspired project, and I'm greatful for the gift He's given me. Yeah God!

"I'm late - I'm late - for a very important date. No time to say Hello Goodbye I'm late I'm late I'm late"

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:53 PM

    Congrats on making the design team! Maybe that's why you aren't a teacher...cause maybe then you'd have to choose!

    I'll sign up for your scrapbooking courses!!! Just such a bummer that I'm in NJ.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. It makes me so happy! I'm not a widely read blog so I always wonder if anyone is reading or if I'm just talking to myself.